Pat Brennan at Squamish Mills
Squamish Mills was incorporated by Pat Brennan and John Drenka in 1951. They bought the former PGE site and building located on the east bank of the Mamquam Channel. They planned to build a shingle mill but logging was more feasible economically. In 1956, approximately 3 local men were employed and the company started logging in Upper Squamish on Crown loand with a timber quota of 7 million foot board measure (f.b.m.) per year. Equipment consisted of 1010 Laurence donkey for yarding and a Fordson donkey for loading. Pat Brennan was the president.
Squamish Public Library, Library Files: Industry.
Digital object metadata