Print preview Close

Showing 38 results

Resource
Squamish Times Photograph Collection People
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

38 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

1937 school picture, Mashiter School

Left to right, front row: Bob McCormick, Harold Halvorson, David Morrison, Dick Dawson, James Eadie, ?.
Second row: Marion Strathers, Viola Halvorson, ?, Doreen Confortin, Barbara Machin, Barbara Sobotka, Tess Martin, Eleanor Oakes, Aleeta Smith, Daphne Bone, Ruth Cooper.
Third row: Leonard Hanna, Anthony Finlay, Bud Dixon, Iona Magee, Patricia Conley, Milliage Oakes, George Smith, Peter Clarke.
Back row: Teddy Rae, Harold Strathers, Bryce Morrison, Allan Cooper, Teddy Chadwick, Robina Prendergast (teacher).

Cabinet of BC meet in Squamish

The Cabinet of British Columbia met in Squamish on June 23, 1960.

Left to right: Honourable L.R. Peterson, Minister of Education; Honourable W.K. Kiernan, Minister of Mines and Petroleum Development; S.R. Bishop, Chairman of the Village Council; Ed Antosh, Commissioner; Honourable N.P. Steacy, Minister of Agriculture; Honourable E.C.F. Martin, Minister of Health Services & Hospital Insurance; Don Robinson, MLA (SC Lillooet); Honourable W.A.C. Bennett, Premier; President of Council, Minister of Finance; L.C. Kindree, Commissioner; Honourable Lyle Wicks, Minister of Labour.

Pat Brennan at Squamish Mills

Squamish Mills was incorporated by Pat Brennan and John Drenka in 1951. They bought the former PGE site and building located on the east bank of the Mamquam Channel. They planned to build a shingle mill but logging was more feasible economically. In 1956, approximately 3 local men were employed and the company started logging in Upper Squamish on Crown loand with a timber quota of 7 million foot board measure (f.b.m.) per year. Equipment consisted of 1010 Laurence donkey for yarding and a Fordson donkey for loading. Pat Brennan was the president.

Dedication of Brennan Park

Dedication of Brennan Park on May 6, 1979.

Left to right: Constable C. Perrault, Alderman W.V. Manson, Alderwoman Rose Tatlow, Alderman Bill Street, Alderman N.R. Barr, Chief Simon Baker, Father Shiel, Acting Mayor Nick Candy, Mrs Tess Brennan, Honourable Allan Williams (Labour Minister), Honourable Boland, Father Griffin.

Brennan Park was named after Pat Brennan on May 6, 1979. Pat Brennan was the Mayor of Squamish for many years and was involved in the logging industry. The park covers 300 acres which includes ball and soccer fields, a lacrosse box, a picnic area, and a Civic Centre.

Results 1 to 25 of 38