Showing 51 results

Lynette Halvorson Photograph Collection
Print preview View:

50 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Woodfibre - plant and townsite

The name for the Woodfibre area (once a community but now solely the site of a pulp mill by the same name) was established in 1921 as the result of a contest. The previous was Mill Creek and had to be changed because there was another post office of the same name. The winner of the contest and $50 prize was Cathy Haar.
Squamish Public Library, Squamish Files: Place Names.

Grade 6 Mashiter School class picture

Left to right, row 1: Jed Martin, Marshall Johnson, Harry Lassman, Jack Mahood, George Martin, Harvey Hurren, Billy Dawson, Logan Percy (?).
Row 2: Alberta Lassman, Joan Clarke, Noanie Castle, Lorraine Smith, Betty Lamport, Violet Sabotka, Phyllis Leach, Marge Lasser, Lillian Lasser, Angus Hutton.
Row 3: Mary Anne Eadie, Ester Lamport, Mary Johnson, Iris Ingraham, Beverly Quick, Joan Machin, Vivian Duncan, Josephine Hurren, Mary Sobtka, Lory McCrae, Kathleen Blundell.
Row 4: Reggie Munro, Hughie McCalaster, Irwin Nichols, George Lipsey, Jacky Duncan.
Row 5: Earnie Lipsey, John Hurren, Harold Lipsey, Gordan Allan, Henry Downer, Ken Jamison, Harry Seymour.

Garibaldi Lake

Garibaldi Mountain was named for the great Italian nationalist Giuseppe Garibaldi. Apparently, it was named by an Italian serving as a sailor on a survey ship, the mountain being in view on Garibaldi's birthday (July 4).
The 2678 metre tall mountain is a dormant composite volcano. The last series of eruptions occurred 10,000 years ago. It was first climbed in 1907 by J. Trorey, A. Dalton, W. Dalton, C. Warren, A. King, and T. Pattison.

Results 1 to 25 of 51