Showing 21 results

Resource
Stawamus With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

The Chief

"The Chief" photographed in 1912 from the home of E.D. Reeves, the first telegraph operator in Squamish.This granite monolith is approximately 700 metres high and is second only to Gibraltar in size. It is so named because its outline a...

Merrill & Ring Logging Camp

Merrill & Ring Logging Camp (now Valleycliffe) in 1927. Looking north up Stamish Valley.Photo by: Ed Aldridge.Merrill and Ring, an American company bought their claim in 1888 for 25 cents per acre. This went from Valleycliffe through the foo...

Aldridge, Ed

Stamish Creek Bridge, late 1940's

The Squamish language spelling of Stawamus is STA-a-mus which is a variant of the word Sta-mus, which means shelter. Squamish is another variation of the word and means "birthplace of the winds". Pioneers often used "Stamish" ...

Results 1 to 10 of 21