Showing 6528 results

Resource
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

6396 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Yapp's Logging Camp 1910

In 1907, Allan Newton Barbour and his brother Charles came to Squamish and logged using 6 yoke of oxen and took out six 24' logs a "turn" (load). The area logged was near the PGE Shops (by Castle's Crossing), across the river ...

Yapp's Camp, 1907

Located at present BC Hydro site.Photo by: Magee.In 1907, Allan Newton Barbour and his brother Charles came to Squamish and logged using 6 yoke of oxen and took out six 24' logs a "turn" (load). The area logged was near the PGE Sho...

Yapp's logging camp

Yapp's logging camp on the Cheekye River above the railroad bridge. Photo taken around 1910.In 1907, Allan Newton Barbour and his brother Charles came to Squamish and logged using 6 yoke of oxen and took out six 24' logs a "turn&qu...

Logging camp

Logging camp owned and operated by Allan and Charles Barbour - about 1907.Research compiled by Eric Andersen, 2011: This photo, apparently taken by one of the Magee brothers, shows the construction phase of the flume project. The location is at t...

Huey Mills and Kate Mills

Huey Mills and Kate Mills (formerly Mrs Allan Rae) sitting in the background. Man in the foreground is unknown.Research compiled by Eric Anderson, 2011: This photo, apparently taken by one of the Magee brothers, shows the construction phase of th...

Lamb's logging camp

Lamb's logging camp. Now present day cemetery.Research compiled by Eric Andersen, 2011: Lamb Bros. Logging camp ca 1912, on present site of Garibaldi Cemetery. The Company ran a rail car loading operation similar to that of Squamish Timber ...

Results 41 to 50 of 6528