Affichage de 351 résultats

ressource
Community Events
Options de recherche avancée
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

349 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Congregation leaving St John the Divine, Thanksgiving 1959

Left to right: Mrs Doris Kennedy with Kathy and Ethel, Mrs Ann Reynolds with daughter Carol, Mrs Betty Robinson (wife of organist), John and Charles Gibbs (in white shirts), Mrs Dulcie Mahood (on steps), Mr Jack Castle (behind her), Reverend Cas Gibbs, Jerry Kennedy (boy on steps in light coat).

This Anglican Church on Sixth Avenue was the only church north of Gibson's Landing for many years. The church served the needs of the entire Christian community from the earliest days when Mr Mashiter alternated his Anglican Sunday services with Presbyterian Minister Dr. Robert Young, to the first Lutheran services in town held there by Reverend C. Guebert in the late 1950's.

For a brief period in the early 1920's, the church boasted fine stain glass windows until the stone-throwing enthusiasm of local children forced their removal. Many of their children now own windows of their own in Squamish.

The church has now been tastefully converted into a Dance Studio.

Original use: Church.
Current: Dance studio.
Current condition: Well maintained, new use as dance studio respects original character.

May Day, early 1960's

Left to right, front row: ?, ?, ?.
2nd row: Marilyn Kashmir, Sharon Hurst, Donna Dorhety, Jileen Drenka, ?, ?, Sheila MacKenzie, Ethel Kennedy, Dallas Arnett, Marcia Seymour.
3rd row: Joan Clark, ?, April Dawson, ?, Clair Minchin, ?, Beth Rhymall, Diane Lassman, Beverly Hill.
4th row: ____ Dapilioni, ?, Janice Hurford, ?, Cathy Olson, Janet Constantine, ?, Heather Peterson.

Résultats 1 à 25 sur 351