Showing 43 results

Resource
Woodfibre
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

43 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Woodfibre - plant and townsite

The name for the Woodfibre area (once a community but now solely the site of a pulp mill by the same name) was established in 1921 as the result of a contest. The previous was Mill Creek and had to be changed because there was another post office of the same name. The winner of the contest and $50 prize was Cathy Haar.
Squamish Public Library, Squamish Files: Place Names.

Main Street, Woodfibre

Main Street, with Canadian Legion on the right. Woodfibre, circa 1953.

The name for the Woodfibre area (once a community but now solely the site of a pulp mill by the same name) was established in 1921 as the result of a contest. The previous was Mill Creek and had to be changed because there was another post office of the same name. The winner of the contest and $50 prize was Cathy Haar.

Trinity Church - Woodfibre, BC

Last service on September 24, 1972.

Left to right: Mrs Grace Clarke, Mrs Ruth (Frankie) Wilson, Mrs Peggy Barnfield, Woodfibre resident, Mrs Annie Moon, Reverend A.E.W. Godwin, Mrs Daisy Barnfield, Mrs Margery Hammerstrom, Mrs Nancy Rudkin, Mrs Margery Bruce.

Photo by: Bob Bruce.

Results 1 to 25 of 43