Showing 351 results

Resource
Community Events
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

349 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Dedication of Brennan Park

Dedication of Brennan Park on May 6, 1979.

Left to right: Constable C. Perrault, Alderman W.V. Manson, Alderwoman Rose Tatlow, Alderman Bill Street, Alderman N.R. Barr, Chief Simon Baker, Father Shiel, Acting Mayor Nick Candy, Mrs Tess Brennan, Honourable Allan Williams (Labour Minister), Honourable Boland, Father Griffin.

Brennan Park was named after Pat Brennan on May 6, 1979. Pat Brennan was the Mayor of Squamish for many years and was involved in the logging industry. The park covers 300 acres which includes ball and soccer fields, a lacrosse box, a picnic area, and a Civic Centre.

Fashion Show in PGE Hall

Top: Eleanor Sullivan, Marianne Jacobson, Mae Franson.
Left to right, second row: Shirley Nodd, Anne Morrison, Peggy Lane, Aleeta Smith.
Front row (kneeling): Violet Halvorson, Tess Martin.

38033 Second Avenue
The PGE Hall was built in the 1930's as a local community hall. Built by railway and community volunteers, the PGE Hall was once the site of basketball games, dances, and other gala community events. It later became the Hudson House, and then an empty lot.

Original Use: Community Hall.
1993 use: Rooming House (Hudson House).
1993 condition: Retained original form without significant alteration. Location among newer buildings left the Hall looking somewhat run down.

Results 76 to 100 of 351