Showing 633 results

Resource
Roads and Buildings
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

632 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Brackendale & Cheakamus stage

Brackendale & Cheakamus stage in 1910 (or 1908?), driven by Henry Judd. Judd started with oxen in 1903 and later changed to horses. This pictured incarnation of the stage was known as the "Rapid". In 1912, it was supplemented by a new Garford motor truck. Harry Judd provided transportation services between Squamish Dock and the Cheakamus Lodge at Cheekye -the beginning of the Pemberton Trail.

Brackendale Store on Government Road

The main structure of the Brackendale Store was built in 1916 by Hughie Mills to replace John Jackson's old store which burnt down the year before when a fire started in the upstairs pool hall. The site was originally bought from the Judd family as Lot 6 of their subdivision. During the new store's first year, the upstairs served as a temporary home to the Judd family after their own house burnt down.

Although the appearance of the original store is difficult to see in the store's present form, the basic structure is still apparent when viewed from the back. Regardless of any alterations which have occurred, the Brackendale Store retains heritage value to the community as a long standing local landmark which has continuously provided service to the community since its early days.

Brackendale Store on Government Road

The main structure of the Brackendale Store was built in 1916 by Hughie Mills to replace John Jackson's old store which burnt down the year before when a fire started in the upstairs pool hall. The site was originally bought from the Judd family as Lot 6 of their subdivision. During the new store's first year, the upstairs served as a temporary home to the Judd family after their own house burnt down.

Although the appearance of the original store is difficult to see in the store's present form, the basic structure is still apparent when viewed from the back. Regardless of any alterations which have occurred, the Brackendale Store retains heritage value tot he community as a long standing local landmark which has continuously provided service to the community since its early days.

Original use: Store, post office.
Current: Store, post office, restaurant.
Current condition: The store has been seriously altered from its original form.

Brackendale store on Government Road

The main structure of the Brackendale Store was built in 1916 by Hughie Mills to replace John Jackson's old store which burnt down the year before when a fire started in the upstairs pool hall. The site was originally bought from the Judd family as Lot 6 of their subdivision. During the new store's first year, the upstairs served as a temporary home to the Judd family after their own house burnt down.

Although the appearance of the original store is difficult to see in the store's present form, the basic structure is still apparent when viewed from the back. Regardless of any alterations which have occurred, the Brackendale Store retains heritage value tot he community as a long standing local landmark which has continuously provided service to the community since its early days.

Original use: Store, post office.
Current: Store, post office, restaurant.
Current condition: The store has been seriously altered from its original form.

Results 26 to 50 of 633