- CA SQPL 04
50 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Left to right, front row: George Axen, Jack Duncan, Bob Magee, Jack Mahood, Ken Jamison, Henry Downer, Marsh Johnson.
2nd row: Marge Lasser, Josephine Hurren, Violet Sobotka, Angus Hutton, Lillian Lasser, Eileen Mahood, Mary Olsen, Mary Sobotka, Vern Jaimson, Mary Waller.
3rd row: Phyllis Leach, Margaret Hamilton, Nellie Green, Bunny Clarke, Noanie Castle, Lorraine Smith, Connie Prendergast, Laurie McCrae, Betty Quick, Jean Mahood, Ruth Downer.
Back row: Allan Cameron (teacher), Albert Lassman, Jed Martin, Sunny Graham, Bill Machin, Ian Hamilton, Jimmy Leach, Jerry Lee (teacher).
Left to right, front row: Jim Hurren, Stanley Johnson, Wilma Klein, Lenora Thom, Jo Martin, Betty Quick, Ruth Downer, Agnes Hutton, Connie Predergast, Dorothy Blundell, Norm Chadwick.
2nd row: John Hurren, Clarence Johnson, Joyce Gratton, Aileen Lamport, Frances Lamport, Marjorie Castle, Keith Kennedy, Jack Confortin, Logan Percy.
Back row: Gordon Miller, Sonny Moir, Johnny Sobotka, Bill Martin, Kenneth Buckley, Dennie Singleton, Fred Eadie.
Teacher: Freda Lasser (later Mrs Stan Clarke).
The name for the Woodfibre area (once a community but now solely the site of a pulp mill by the same name) was established in 1921 as the result of a contest. The previous was Mill Creek and had to be changed because there was another post office of the same name. The winner of the contest and $50 prize was Cathy Haar.
Squamish Public Library, Squamish Files: Place Names.
Left to right: Helen Barr, Rose Tatlow (nee Lasser), Mrs Lasser, and Bruce McCallum in the late 1930's.
Ellen Harley (left) and Freda Clarke (right) in Squamish United Church.
This church (38014 Fourth Avenue) was built for the Presbyterian community in 1921. After several years of services held in the Anglican Church, the Presbyterian community raised this second church in Squamish.
Original use: Church.
Current use: Church.
Current condition: Well maintained, still in use as a church.