Showing 13 results

Resource
Eleanor Bishop Photograph Collection Roads and Buildings
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

13 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

The Squamish Hotel

Circa 1960. Now the Ocean Port Hotel (37991 Second Avenue).

Although the original building has been altered nearly beyond recognition, the basic structure of the Squamish Hotel was constructed in 1910 as the King George Hotel by W.A. Holland. Like the Brackendale Store, the Squamish Hotel is a building which may hold heritage value to the community not for its present appearance, but for its prominence as a landmark and reference point in the local landscape for over 75 years.

Original use: Hotel, pub.
Current use: Hotel, pub, restaurant, Cold Beer and Wine Store.
Current condition: Nearly unrecognizable from the original form.

The old PGE Hall on Second Avenue

The old PGE Hall on Second Avenue which later became the Hudson House. The grass and trees in the foreground are now parked lots.
Photo by: Mrs Sullivan.

38033 Second Avenue
Now an empty lot, this building was previously the Hudson House and the PGE Hall. It was built as the PGE Hall in the 1930's as a local community hall. Built by railway and community volunteers, the PGE Hall was once the site of basketball games, dances, and other gala community events.

Original Use: Community Hall.
1993 use: Rooming House (Hudson House).
1993 condition: Retained original form without significant alteration. Location among newer buildings left the Hall looking somewhat run down.