Showing 9 resultsResource
8 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA SQPL 16-005
Booming logs in Newport, BC (Squamish, 1904).Squamish's name was changed to Newport in 1911 by the H.S. and P.V.N. Railway and was changed back on September 14, 1914 as the result of a contest for school children. The name had to be changed ...
- CA SQPL 16-001
Logging camp owned and operated by Allan and Charles Barbour - about 1907.Research compiled by Eric Andersen, 2011: This photo, apparently taken by one of the Magee brothers, shows the construction phase of the flume project. The location is at t...
- CA SQPL 16
- CA SQPL 16-003
Squamish Timber Co. crew and 'swing yarder'. 'Swing yarder' brought to Squamish by Allan Newton Barbour in 1910.In 1907, Allan Newton Barbour and his brother Charles came to Squamish and logged using 6 yoke of oxen and took ou...
- CA SQPL 16-004
In 1907, Allan Newton Barbour and his brother Charles came to Squamish and logged using 6 yoke of oxen and took out six 24' logs a "turn" (load). The area logged was near the PGE Shops (by Castle's Crossing), across the river ...