059 - Brackendale store on Government Road

Original Objet numérique not accessible

Zone des éléments

Identifiant

059

Titre

Brackendale store on Government Road

Date(s)

  • June 1958

Description

The main structure of the Brackendale Store was built in 1916 by Hughie Mills to replace John Jackson's old store which burnt down the year before when a fire started in the upstairs pool hall. The site was originally bought from the Judd family as Lot 6 of their subdivision. During the new store's first year, the upstairs served as a temporary home to the Judd family after their own house burnt down.

Although the appearance of the original store is difficult to see in the store's present form, the basic structure is still apparent when viewed from the back. Regardless of any alterations which have occurred, the Brackendale Store retains heritage value tot he community as a long standing local landmark which has continuously provided service to the community since its early days.

Original use: Store, post office.
Current: Store, post office, restaurant.
Current condition: The store has been seriously altered from its original form.

Type

image

Format

image/jpeg

Source

Squamish Public Library (1993). Preliminary Squamish Heritage Inventory.

Relation (estLocaliséA)

Couverture géographique

Droits

Objet numérique - métadonnées

Nom du fichier

59.JPG

Latitude

Longitude

Type de support

Image

Type MIME

image/jpeg

Taille du fichier

30.2 KiB

Téléversé

12 octobre 2011 14:21

Objet numérique (Fichier maître) zone des droits

Objet numérique (Référence) zone des droits

Objet numérique (Vignette) zone des droits

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés